- Easily learned and operated; short learning curve for busy professionals
- Quickly Calculate overall costs including Service and Installation Fees
- Loads of time saving features and Updated Plant Prices!!!
- Low cost of program - Saves time and consequently saves money
- Tallies plants and produces Cost Estimates in seconds, making revisions a snap
- Optional labeling - allows users to label plants on one or two lines using font formatting.and various fonts, styles and size options to label plants are sold from the particular nursery.
- EZOFFSET can place hundreds of plant symbols along a centerline at a specified offset On Center spacing distance in an instant.
- Automatic Text labeling, displaying Key Names, Counts & Plant Condition
- Mulch Table Tabulation calculates mulch quantities in cubic feet
- Regional Listings of Native Adaptive and Sustainable Plants
- New Bog and Marginal Plants that Grow in Water illustrating each plant submerged depth in water in the condition column to aid users in design.
- Nursery Listings of Size, Conditions and Prices exactly as specified in catalogs
- Expanded List of Ornamental Grasses, Bamboo plants, and Perennial Database
- New Excel Databases are easily updated and customizable for adding your own plants, symbols and costs
- Large Plant Stock Choices in EZ-Plant Softwaredatabase has over 2600 Plants
- Produces Professional looking Contract Drawings; Expanded Plant Symbols
- Compatible with AutoCAD2000 and up and Bricscad V10.0 (but not compatible with AutoCAD LT)
- Contains a high percentage of the "Horticopia" database within program for photographs of plants (a CD sold separately and not affiliated with EZ-Plant)
- Offers popular production oriented Symbols and Databases and Current Cultivars
- Multiple Licenses available at a greatly reduced rate
- Links to AutoCAD 3D symbols.
- Mature Height and Spread for each plant is shown for virtually every plant to aid your design decisions providing you with information at your fingertips
- Additional Tropical Plants are included showing general hardiness zones that are sold by these nursery to many regions world wide.
- Complete EZ-Plant® Spreadsheet that includes Native Plant Listings, Hardiness Zone Ranges, Nurseries lists and Location and the entire EZ-Plant Software® plant library contents with a complete Help File
- Purchase EZ-Plant in minutes with a credit card from our secure On-line Store
EZ-Plant is an extremely easy-to- use, cost effective solution for providing 2D landscape design, complete with Planting Schedule templates, planting symbols, and an informative extensive plant database. The plant database identifies native plant species, to satisfy Sustainable Sites Initiatives for Landscape Architects and designers. The program also contains real nursery data including plant conditions, sizes and actual nursery unit plant costs. You receive an Excel Spread sheet that lists the plants in various Nurseries in how they are sold with costs, sizes and condition of plants. The real plant nursery data obtained directly from the nurseries ensures that your planting plan cost estimates are sure to be accurate. EZ-Plant also provides mature height and spreads of the plants contained within the database so the user can easily design their landscape plan based on these important growth characteristics.
EZ-Plant was developed over a period of more than 20 years by registered Landscape Architects, designers and educators who have prepared myriads of landscape contract bid documents for actual projects in various parts of the world. The critical and vast experience interjected into EZ-Plant as it developed, has been a key ingredient to its success and formidable list of satisfied clients.
Basic Production Needs and Flexibility:
EZ-Plant provides the basic needs for landscape designers who use AutoCAD, for preparing landscape plans, including planting and mulch cost estimates and quick accommodations for changes and editing of the plan. The AutoCAD imbedded excel plant database lets the users easily and smoothly add their own plants and nurseries of their choice into the program. The automatic text labeling command quickly displays the EZ-Plant Key Names and quantities of selected plants in seconds. Connection lines between the selected plants are also quickly accomplished with optional font and labeling choices. The clever groundcover command will label the plant types and call out the exact amount of flats and plants when labeled and then will update those counts automatically when the area or spacing centers or mulch depth is edited. You only need to specify the on-center spacing change needed of the groundcover, flowers or mulch depth.
After you have tallied all the plants and you decide you need to change the spacing of the plants or the area of the groundcover polyline or change the spacing and click UPLINK, and all the totals and the groundcover labels change in a second to the new spacing choice.
EZ-Plant also contains a command called EZ-OFFSET. This command allows users to place a line, polyline or arc or combinations there of, on the plan as a centerline. Simply click or type EZOFFSET, and then select a linked plant symbol. Click on the centerline and then select the on the desired center spacing of the plant symbol, and in an instant, hundreds of plant symbols if necessary, are placed along the centerline at the specified offset distance. You also have an option to place alternately centered plant symbols along the centerline in the EZOFFSET command.
EZ-Plant also offers EZ-Perennials, a plant database of only perennials with an accompanying (mailed) CD illustrating thousands of plant photographs and perennial data. This system is sold separately and is for those designers that want to add perennials into their plan but are not sure what the plants look like. The included plant cultural data provides informative easy-to-use information enhancing the designers’ options.