These are supported by a form of independent installation that includes, in addition to calculations, the respective parametric models and interface between Excel and the respective 3D CAD system.
An assembly may consist of not only individual components but also groups of components (sub-assemblies). For example, you can insert one complete solution of a belt gear at once, which is fully associative, and the dimensions of the inserted component (sub-assembly) will change automatically in case you make changes to the calculation parameters later.
Most of the calculations have a similar user interface whose main advantage is its top-to-bottom layout
every task flows logically from an assignment to the results. In other words, the structure of a calculation is
like what you are already accustomed to when solving the same task with a calculator and sheet of paper.
Other advantages of our solution are:
- The Expert Notes system containing recommendations and tips for input and output values .
- Support of standard and imperial units .
- Recommended values the calculation knows how to set (estimate) the right coefficients .
- Any change of parameters immediately results in recalculation of the entire task (a table).
- For most of the calculations, there is the Automatic Design mode available, which offers a set of
solutions based on minimum input information and one parameter to optimize (e.g. weight, safety,
Why MS Excel is used.
The history of table calculators begins in the 1980's (1979 - Visicalc) and their use has considerably
expanded since. Though, at the beginning, these calculators were used mostly in the field of economics,
statistics and financial calculations, their use is more or less universal today and there probably aren't any
technical workers who have no experience with a table calculator.
Microsoft Excel is obviously the best product. This program provides a wide scope of options and user
modifications (control elements, programming language, table formatting, etc). This predestines it for use in
engineering, industrial and technical calculations with the following main benefits.
- General knowledge of Excel, millions of users, multi-platform applications (Windows, Apple).
- User's interface - Excel enables us, for this type of task, to design a natural user environment.
- Open solution - The user can simply modify or extend the calculation according to their own
requirements and usage.
- Complex solution - Interconnection of several calculations (even including separate tables) allows
quick preparation of a solution for complex entries - tailored solution.
- Data sharing - A range of programs (including many CAD systems) can cooperate with Excel tables
- Communication - Simple data transfer - sending a workbook also includes sending the data and
- Publication activity - easy publication of results on the Internet or Intranet, and simple modifications
of print reports
- .......and many others.
Individual modules description
Detailed information about all calculations, used standards, tables, and tools are available in comprehensive documentation, which is accessible once the MITCalc application is installed.