DesignCAD is great for:
- Basic Architectural Drawings – Draw quality floorplans, elevations, and plot plans with ease.
- Engineering Layouts – Double-precision accuracy allows the highest degree of tolerance and design control.
- Shop Drawings – Entering specific values for dimensions, diameter and radius allows you to draw accurate mechanical parts.
- Home & Hobby CAD Projects – Create do-it-yourself landscaping designs and indoor/outdoor home improvements
- Other CAD Needs – Create electronic schematics, plats, mapping, flow charts and more
DesignCAD offers smart menus that are initially presented with a shortened list of available menu commands to help reduce screen clutter. The menus can be expanded to show all items by clicking on the double arrows at the bottom of the menu. Great for learning, this option can be enabled or disabled depending on the user's preference
Easy to Use 2D Drafting & Design
Intuitive, yet sophisticated editing tools, advanced geometric construction capabilities, drawing shortcut keys and complete layer management make 2D drafting a breeze with DesignCAD 2D.
- Usability Tools
- Workspace Tools
- Drawing Tools
- Editing and Measuring
- Dimension Tools
- Groups, Blocks, Symbols and more!
DesignCAD utilizes layers that can be independently switched on and off in order for users to have a better visibility of the drawing. For example, if you just need to see the outline of a component, switch off other layers containing center lines, dimensions, etc.
DesignCAD can also lock layers, so that they are visible but not editable, in order to prevent accidental changes to the locked layer. Some features of objects, such as color or linestyle, can also be controlled on a per-layer basis.
Associative dimensions will automatically update as you change the size of the object they are associated with. For example, if a radial dimension is associated with a circle, when you change the radius of the circle using the Info Box, the associated radial dimension is automatically updated to match the new radius.
Added Flexibility when Sharing Your 2D Drawings
- Print Section - Print only a specified region of the drawing.
- Print Scale Options - Select from a standard set of print scale options or create your own.
- Info Box - Roll out or more permanently open the info box to display the details of any selected object to help you speed through the design options, even if you’re still learning.
- User Notes – Add notes to any drawing.
- Save for Sharing - When you save a drawing, all files referenced externally (textures, symbols, images) are saved to a subfolder with the host drawing’s name.
- Paper Space Mode – Create a view frame and choose a specific scale or enter a custom view frame scale.
AutoCAD® DWG/DXF Compatible
DesignCAD lets you work with the latest AutoCAD® files. Import/Export AutoCAD® files through 2014 and enjoy excellent compatibility with AutoCAD® layouts and PaperSpace, plus support for AutoCAD® layers, linestyles, views, and blocks in both DXF and DWG file formats. DesignCAD even offers limited support for Architectural Desktop (ADT) objects, which are recognized and exploded to DesignCAD equivalents.
DesignCAD version 24 offers new and improved features for greater productivity, added flexibility, and improvements working with older drawing files.
New "Match Properties" Tool
The Match Properties tool allows the user to apply properties from one object to all selected objects. The user may choose which properties to apply from the source object to the selection set.
Improved 2D Box Command
The 2D Box command now has a "Save as Line" option; by default it is checked. If unchecked, the result will be a plane instead of a line. This makes the 2D Box command more consistent with other polygon commands.
New Double Line Entities Default Setting
DesignCAD now saves the current fill pattern for double line entities as a default setting when the program closes. Previously the default always reverted to solid fill.
Improved Workspace Configuration
The Workspace Configuration dialog box now has a master checkbox to check or uncheck all available categories to be saved in the workspace template.
New Coordinate System Marker
A Coordinate System marker can now be enabled or disabled in the Grid Options dialog box.
Improved Info Box
When one or more items are selected, there is now an option to show only the layers used by the selected objects in the Info Box layer list. This makes it easy to determine at a glance exactly which layers are used by the selected objects.
Improved Backward Compatibility
New DesignCAD version 24 improves backward compatibly in several areas, so you can work with older drawing files with the latest technology. A problem loading some DesignCAD 97 drawings with embedded symbols has been fixed, and we’d corrected some problems using Drag-select on grouped items. Also, DesignCAD v24 corrects a problem displaying older drawings containing text-only dimensions, as the text-only dimensions were displaying with extension lines and arrows, when only the text should have been shown.