PolyTrans (and its elder brother NuGraf) are stand-alone programs which were written with one purpose in mind: to produce the most accurate, error free and robust conversions between all 3D DCC, VisSim and CAD file formats. PolyTrans was the first such program to market and hence has a long standing reputation of providing quality conversions as well as top notch technical support from its development team. The elder NuGraf program also provides for print quality photo-realistic rendering and more user interface controls for interactive scene composition.
Common Solutions & Benefits:
- Converts entire scene files, including meshes with holes, trimmed NURBS, hierarchy, animation (format specific), pivot points, vertex normals, U/V tangent vectors, vertex colors, texture coordinates, textures, lights & cameras.
- Converts & optimizes all major CAD formats to MAX, Maya, XSI, LW, FLT and dozens more file formats and 3D programs (full list on WEB site).
- Cross-converts between all major animation packages and 3D file formats with true robustness & quality.
- Import and compose 3D scenes from a plethora of 2D/3D file formats then render out to high quality images for print media, WEB presentations, training manuals, or marketing brochures.
- Popular for ProE, SolidWorks, STEP, etc. to DCC.
- Highly refined & popular MAX <-> Maya pipeline via native plug-ins, with over a decade of development.
- Robust import & rendering of CAD and AEC models.
- Acts as a "stepping stone" to allow for massive CAD assemblies to be downsized in PolyTrans first before import into downstream D.C.C applications.
- Publish to WEB streaming file formats such as Viewpoint VET, OpenHSF, SW3D, U3D, XGL & VRML1+2. Others in development at all times.
17+ year development. Personal and dedicated hands on support direct from the Okino developers.
- Solid, robust solution used around the world by most major companies and professionals.
- Easily develop new plug-in modules such as
import/export, renderers, modelers, etc.
- Mesh & scene processing toolset.
- Very stong support for all major CAD file formats.
- Bidirectional conversions between all D.C.C (animation and digital content creation) programs.
- Animation conversion and top notch smooth skinned mesh & skeleton conversion.amongst MAX, FBX,
- Maya, XSI, Soft-3D, LW, DirectX, U3D, more.
- Photo-realistic rendering, material editing, texture parameter editing and scene composition (ray tracer in Okino's NuGraf only). Handles very large CAD datasets.
- ‘Document-centric’ architecture, extensive user
interface plug-in API, and 2D/3D import/export API.
- Excellent, built-in polygon reduction system.
- Integrated multi-media editor & viewer (see 2D bitmap file format list below).
- NVIDIA & ATI real-time shader support, with
third generation OpenGL support.
- “PolyTrans-for-3dsmax” & (optional) “PolyTrans-for-Maya”.
- Plug-in modules and import/export converters from third party vendors, including AIR renderer from SiTex Graphics.
- Optimized since its inception to handle very large datasets, such as 500,000 node scenes and millions of polygons (most animation programs can only handle 50,000 nodes).
- NuGraf only: Caustics, an amazing
lens flare system & sunlight calculator.
- The standard for plug-in SDK development. Third party developers can create 3D import/export converters, system plug-ins, renderers and many more. Stable and completely refined. Used by dozens of leading 3D software companies.
- Complete list of features, file formats, brochures, user list and demos available on the Okino WEB site.
Supported 2D and 3D File Formats
3D Import File Formats: Apple 3D
Metafile, 3D Studio MAX (native
plug-ins), Adobe® Illustrator,
Biovision BVH and Acclaim motion capture, DirectX,
DXF/DWG, Electric Image FACT, FilmBox (FBX),
Inventor (Autodesk CAD), Lightwave,
Maya (native plug-ins) , Okino native BDF,
OpenFlight, OpenNURBS, PLY, Protein
native Pro/Engineer assemblies and
part files, Rhino-3D/OpenNURBS , Sketch-Up, SOFTIMAGE-3D,
SOFTIMAGE-XSI, Solid Edge , SolidWorks,
v1.75, trueSpace, U3D, USGS DEM & Gtopo-30,
VRML1/Inventor2, VRML2, Wavefront
(Full NURBS + Polygons) and XGL. Native CATIA
v4. ACIS SAT,
IGES-solids, native ProE, STEP, Parasolids, Pro/Desktop,
3D Export File Formats:
Apple 3D Metafile, 3D Studio MAX (native plug-ins), DirectX, DXF/DWG, Electric Image FACT, GameExchange2, HOOPS HSF, IGES 5.x, Lightscape, Lightwave, Maya, NGRAIN .3KO, Okino native BDF, Open GL C Code, OpenFlight, PLY, POV Ray 2.0 and 3.0, Pro/E SLP 'Render File', Renderman RIB (NURBS and Meshes), RenderWare/ActiveWorlds, Rhino-3D/OpenNURBS, Shockwave-3D, SOFTIMAGE 3D and XSI, STL, Strata v1.75, trueSpace, Wavefront OBJ, U3D, Viewpoint VET, VRML 1, VRML 2 , XGL and SGI Inventor2.
2D Bitmap File Formats
: TIFF, JPEG, BMP, SGI,
GIF, IFF Lightwave, IFF Maya, PIC
(Softimage), PIX (Maya), PNG,
PPM, PSD (photoshop)
and Targa. Additional LeadTools supported bitmap
file formats: AFP, BMP, CMP, CUT, EPS, EXIF,
FLC, GEM, ICO,
IFF, ITG, FPX, MAC, MSP, PCD, PCT, CLP, PCX,
PSD, PBM, PNG, PTK, SCT, SGI, SMP, RAS, TIFF,
TGA, WBMP, XWD and
XPM. Video formats supported for viewing: AVI,
MPEG-1, 2, 4, QuickTime Movies (.qt, .mov, .mtv)
These two special, native plug-in versions of PolyTrans run inside 3DS MAX and Maya. See elsewhere on this CADalog.com WEB site. For over a decade they have provided the industry standard for add-on 3D CAD, DCC and VisSim converters inside of MAX and Maya. This is one of the most popular aspects of PolyTrans in the D.C.C. community. PolyTrans-for-Maya is available via the "DCC/Pack" license.
Optional Add-On Modules
CAD/Pack - Includes Autodesk Inventor importer, DWG
importer (with ACIS solids support), IGES 5.3 import
and export (allows for native import/export of NURBS
surfaces and curves), Solid Edge import and SolidWorks
DCC/Pack - Includes Kaydara FBX importer, OpenFlight import/export, PolyTrans-for-Maya native plug-in system, PolyTrans-for-Softimage XSI native plug-in system, Softimage-3D .hrc and .dsc import/export, Softimage XSI (.dotXSI) import/export. Granite/Pack -
Includes PTC Granite solids-based CAD importer
licenses: ACIS, IGES (solids), Parasolids,
ProE native parts & assemblies, Pro/DESKTOP, STEP & VDA-FS.
Also includes Okino surface-based
IGES importer as a complement to the solids-based
PTC IGES importer.
CATIA v4 - Import from native CATIA v4 .model files. CATIA v5 - Import from native CATIA v5 .catProduct and .catPart files.
JT Open - Import from native JT files. Utilizes the official JT Open importer libararies from UGS.
"PolyTrans is a true 'workhorse' application.
I've used it frequently on very large
files and it has not choked, crashed, or needed to
in three years, and this is on a Macintosh
in VirtualPC. This software has become the indispensible
hub of my
daily work." Mark Banas, MAB3D.com
" We purchased PolyTrans and used it
for 3D data conversion and optimization
of datasets created for the NASA MER
space program (Mars
Exploration Rover Mission). It is fantastic
software. My colleagues at another NASA
center spent days using three software
what took me 15 minutes using PolyTrans
alone (polygon reduction in batch mode
a charm). I just wanted to thank you
for creating such a great tool." Boris
Rabin, Visualization Development Lead,
NASA/Ames Research Center,
" I very rarely praise a piece of software
but PolyTrans is nothing short of excellent
and is the most used piece of software in our
department. It is generally accepted within
the modelling and graphics team that PolyTrans
greatly improves our work flow and efficiency
particularly with the seemless plugin to Maya
and the accurate conversion from one format
to another in either graphics or geometry. We
would be lost without it." Lazaros Kastanis,
immersive visualisation specialist, University
of Queensland's Advanced Computational Modelling